House for Sale
- About this property
- Explore Perth
View Sat 4th NovemberProperty ID 1794176Character Meets Contemporary on Knebworth
Built in 1897 and the last of the original homes built on Knebworth Avenue, this cottage is a true testament to the craftsmen who built it and the owners who have cared for and improved it over the decades.
Situated just 50 meters from stunning Hyde Park, the location of your new home will be matched by few. You'll enjoy Perth City views from your timber porch and be less than 10 minutes walk from Beaufort Street's bustling cafe strip and William Streets numerous bars & restaurants. Highgate favourite, Chu Bakery, is just footsteps from your front door.
CCN Architects, the minds behind some of Perth's most iconic heritage rejuvenation projects ( think the Fremantle Wool Stores and the Old Treasury Building Perth ) have added modern aesthetic, convenience and practicality to this Victorian period home while retaining its history and original character.
Some features and accomodations include;
- 3 bedrooms ( master with direct access to courtyard )
- 2 bathrooms ( en-suite to master bedroom )
- Modern kitchen with stainless steel cabinetry and pressed tin splashback
- Integrated concealed washing machine and dryer cabinet
- Garage parking for 2 vehicles in tandem
- Open living area with central fireplaces creating dual living zones
- Aluminium and glass doors fold away to open the kitchen / dining to rear courtyard
- Reverse cycle A/C in master bedroom
- Ducted A/C throughout
- 3.7KW solar panels
- Gas fireplace
- Wood fireplace
- Stunning views to Perth CBD from your front porch.
Period features of a bygone time abound - sash windows, high ornate ceilings, deep rich red wide jarrah polished floors throughout, a bullnose verandah with jarrah boards, wrought iron lattice work, decorative ceiling roses, and cornices, hand blown glass light shades and original oregon pine doors and skirting boards.
A rare and elusive style of home which can never be replicated, do not hesitate in arranging your viewing. Contact Wayne on 0433 118 353.