House for Sale
- About this property
- Explore Ivanhoe
The Cottage - Botanic Surrounding SerenityProperty ID 1550204The Cottage, at 11 Magnolia Road is a fine double clinker-brick, five bedroomed residence nestled in the heart of leafy Ivanhoe. This unique property is just minutes to private schools, public transport, first class shopping, hospitals and parklands.
Ensconced within a family friendly neighbourhood and set back from the road, lush foliage surrounds this large family home. A curved red brick pathway, large carport with a capacity for four cars, and wrought iron gated entrance porch, belie the sheer expansiveness of the actual property.
An impressive hallway leads to light, airy, open plan living spaces with a northerly aspect and glimpses of verdant garden. The elegant lounge and library are graced with grand marble fireplaces, both with Jet-master gas fires. Gracious sitting areas flow into a family room, which is crowned by a cathedral ceiling, featuring a stunning rustic chandelier. A new well appointed kitchen is the hub of the house and boasts a large fitted walk-in Butlers Pantry offering a wealth of storage. Smooth work surfaces, sleek cabinetry, and double Miele appliances all make for a wonderfully practical working area and the perfect place for family and friends to gather.
At the front of the house is the master bedroom, which has a large fitted, walk in dressing room, parquetry timber flooring and an adjoining stylish European bathroom. A purposefully furnished study with polished floorboards opens onto a sunny private courtyard.
A double bedroom with built in robes and en-suite is situated to the rear of the house.
Upstairs, a mezzanine TV sitting area, a third bathroom and two further bedrooms overlook the garden. In addition, a long, walk-in linen room with a polished timber floor is large enough to be used as an extra loft bedroom / cozy study.
The property sits within approximately a quarter of an acre of enchanting, private, and thoughtfully planned gardens. A variety of deciduous and evergreens surround the manicured lawn and provide a seasonal kaleidoscope of colour. Ornamental weeping trees, little hidden pathways and shaded nooks and crannies all enhance this natural sanctuary, a place where children can safely play and explore.
Terracotta paving leads to a self-contained, purposely built, pitched roof studio and adds another dimension of versatile, contemporary living space. Glass-sliding doors open to the pristine large rectangular, in-ground, salt-water pool and spa. This lovely separate private dwelling space would be an ideal granny flat, guest room, rumpus area, or teenage retreat.
There are three good sized outdoor storage areas, a children's cubby play house and a fenced off area that has been used in the past for keeping pets and chickens but is now being utilised as a herb and vegetable garden.
A quaint little timber cabin, complete with a polished floor and air conditioning is tucked secretly away surreptitiously in amongst the flowerbeds and under the shade of a liquid Amber tree. It has its own small front balcony with room to lie on a daybed or hammock, a real gem of a place that sparkles at night with solar fairy lights, this extra space would provide an alternative, easy to heat / cool area for a parent who might need to work from home.
Two large corrugated iron 30,000 water tanks service the garden together with a network of water sprinklers.
A well loved home, a haven to gather memories.
* Asko integrated dishwasher
* Miele ovens (one is a steamer and a conventional oven)
* Extra double drawer Fisher & Pikel new dishwasher in separate studio dwelling
* Built in illuminated glass shelving storage in kitchen
* Silver slump glass splash-back in kitchen
* Two double deep kitchen sinks
* Butler's pantry
* Five bedrooms
* Four bathrooms
* Grey water outlet and pump onto garden
* Corrugated iron water tanks capacity of 60,000 litres
* Large carport accommodating four cars
* Burglar alarm
* Ducted heating
* Solar panels for energy efficiency
* Air-conditioning upstairs and in studio dwelling
* Fully tiled, fenced pool with two gates
* Recently installed salt water chlorination filter system for pool
* Two large gas Jet master fires
* Foxtel enabled
* Broadband enabled (Telstra and Optus)
* High-end window furnishings
* Level manicured lawn
* Pet friendly
* Close to all local amenities, schools, universities, transport, hospitals, lovely parklands and up market chic village atmosphere / cafes / restaurants
* Twenty minutes by train to CBD
* Twenty-five minutes to airport
* A perfect home for a growing family
Due diligence checklist - for home and residential property buyers