House for Sale
- About this property
Restored Landmark Heritage BuildingProperty ID 1927775Expressions Of Interest Closing Friday 17th August at 1:00pm
Options to purchase ground floor or first floor individually or together as one.
Residential, Retail and work from home offering.
This iconic landmark heritage building, once utilized as The Savings Bank of South Australia offers a bold faade with impressive street appeal. The substantial two storey building has been transformed into valuable and noteworthy contemporary spaces that offer a broad appeal with New York apartment styling, offering chic fashionable spaces with flexible options to further develop.
An open plan ground floor boasts an expansive contemporary space with a bright open space with character warehouse features. Let this stylish New York styled warehouse be your new blank canvas, ideal to utilize as a work space, home office, trendy apartment or commercial venture.
3.9m ceilings, visible industrial air conditioning, jarrah floor boards, art deco pillars, coffered ceilings, an original bank vault and suspended lighting all combine to provide a contemporary warehouse space ready for your needs. A street facing visitor carpark plus single lock up garage are included in this option.
Upstairs offers a spacious fully renovated apartment with 3.3m ceiling heights, jarrah floorboards throughout and original brick fireplaces. The apartment blends the contemporary fitted out with the original character of the building perfectly.
A generous living room offers room to entertain and showcase the featured heritage windows, upgraded to include double glazing for noise and climate control. The open plan kitchen is equipped with high end Fisher and Paykel appliances, integrated 3 door fridge and wine fridge, stone benchtops plus a European laundry in the scullery layout.
Three double bedrooms continue with the heritage features and offer built in storage robes and ceiling fans with the master including a quality finished ensuite bathroom. The family bathroom is also fitted out to the same standard with featured walk in shower, vanity and continued high ceilings.
To complete the apartment had upgraded electrics with satin light and wall fittings, a single lock up garage space, courtyard area and visitor parking space off the street.
* New York style work space / future apartment with 3.9m ceiling height
* Expansive open plan area with options to develop to suit
* High coffered ceilings, industrial air conditioning and Jarrah flooring
* Art deco pillars plus glass panelled office/ study
* Plumbed room for potential bathroom/ kitchenette
* Original bank vault/ storage space
* Shared foyer access, wheelchair access and street access points
* Single lock up garage with visitor parking space
* Chic New York style high end apartment
* Character features include original fireplaces, Heritage windows and English oak storage and linen press
* 3.3m ceiling heights, ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning and security alarm system
* Large north facing lounge room with natural light and fireplace
* Double glazed windows to lounge room and all bedrooms
* Satin light and wall fittings and Jarrah flooring throughout
* High end kitchen and dining area
* Kitchen includes, stainless steel Fisher & Paykel appliances, tiled splashbacks, stone benchtops, integrated 3 door fridge, double drawer dishwasher, wine fridge and European laundry
* 3 double bedrooms with built in storage robes and ceiling fans
* Master bedroom includes quality fitted ensuite
* Family bathroom completed to high standard with walk in shower, vanity and white tile
This location is walking distance of local shopping at The Avenues and parklands of Linde Reserve with Walkerville Village and The Norwood Parade being a short drive. Adelaide CBD is a stone's throw from your doorstep with public transport options close by making this idea for the inner city lifestyle of Adelaide. Schools in the immediate area include Trinity Gardens Primary, Norwood Morialta, St Joseph's Primary, Pembroke and St Peters College.
An inspection of this kind is rare and sure to impress.
Council | Norwood Payneham & St Peters
Zone | DCE (STP) - District Centre
Built | 1900
House | 305sqm
Coucil Rates | TBC
Water | TBC
ESL | TBC