House for Sale
- About this property
- Explore Semaphore
**Sold** 1905 Villa on a Corner Block, Walk Distance to the BeachProperty ID 1529473An enviable beach side lifestyle awaits the astute purchaser of this beautifully renovated and restored circa 1905 return verandah villa. Ornate pillar and wrought iron style fencing with an ocean view provide an impressive street statement combining with the sandstone and quoin work frontage highlighting the heritage character and inviting us into the home.
Stained glass windows welcome us into the entrance hall where high ceilings with ornate cornices, picture rails and polished timber floors flow through a feature archway and beyond to the main body of the home.
There are 4 bedrooms, all with polished timber floors. The master bedroom has an open fire place and boasts a chandelier and ornate ceiling rose. Bedrooms 3 & 4 have sky lights to enable light and bright atmospheres.
Entertain formally with the traditional sitting room adjacent formal dining layout, both rooms boasting polished timber floors and character features. A timber kitchen off the dining room is a chef's delight, boasting stainless steel appliances, wide oven and cooktop, walk-in pantry, bay window and skylight.
A massive family room adjacent the kitchen has wall to wall cupboards, perfect for all storage situations. Skylights provide extra lighting and a wet bar provides a place to sit and chat, with a guest powder room conveniently located close by. French doors spill out to the pergola and outdoor living area. A laundry with external access and a sparkling main bathroom with spa bath plus a separate toilet complete the wet areas and a dry cellar ideal as a tasting room finalises an impressive interior.
Entertain all year round in styles under the massive gabled outdoor living pergola and patio. There is room to entertain the whole extended family under this magnificent structure. An oversize double garage accesses via shared laneway rear access provides accommodation for two vehicles with plenty of room for a work shop area. Two other tool shed located behind a lattice screen provide extra garden storage options.
* 690sqm corner allotment (approx)
* Restored and renovated character villa circa 1905
* 3.85 metre tall ceilings
* Corner location with beach views from the front verandah
* 4 bedrooms, all of double proportions
* Wide entrance hall with polished timber floors
* Sitting room with large formal dining adjacent
* Timber kitchen with stainless steel appliances, wide oven, walk-in pantry and bay window
* Massive family room with wall to wall storage cupboards plus french doors
* Dry cellar, ideal for a tasting room
* Wet bar plus guest powder room
* Large family bathroom with spa bath
* Laundry with external access
* Huge outdoor entertaining pergola
* Double garage via rear lane access
* Two additional garden storage sheds
* 12 Solar panels (hidden from street view) produce 3.2kw
* Ducted gas heating + Vulcan wall heater
* Ducted evaporative air conditioning
* Bore water with new pump used to water gardens
* Only 100m to the beach (approx.)
A unique opportunity to acquire a quality home in a desirable beach side location with all urban amenities at your fingertips. Enjoy the beach lifestyle with Semaphore's entertainment and cultural events within walking distance and the beach and reserves available for your recreational use. Local schools at your disposal include West Lakes Shore School, Alberton Primary, Largs Bay School and Le Fevre High School. Quality shopping is available a short drive down the esplanade at Westfield West Lakes, with public transport a casual walk away on Military Road.
This one is a must see if your serious about beach side property. Inspection will impress!