House for Auction
- About this property
- Explore Blair Athol
Art Deco Delight Renovator Ready or Develop and Succeed on 770m²Property ID 1846780Quietly located on a large 770sqm traditional allotment with 18.6 meter frontage in a leafy tree lined street, this sandstone fronted, solid brick home is in good all round original condition and presents a terrific opportunity for a keen renovator to renew and extend into a fabulous contemporary residence, or explore the developmental options available with the large allotment (STCC).
A terrazzo front porch, feature leadlight to the front windows plus curved masonry lure us into the home where glass doors, cornices and floral carpet from the era make a bold art deco statement. A generous central lounge and adjacent dining make spacious living areas, with an eat-in kitchen providing the amenities. Terrazzo benchtops, double sink, modern stove and the original cabinetry provide a functional cooking zone.
There are 2 bedrooms, both double bed capable and of generous proportion. A great main bathroom is in outstanding condition boasting separate bath, rail shower, terrazzo floor with art deco basin and stunning tiling from the era. A laundry with double concrete trough plus a separate toilet complete the interior.
Relax outdoors under a full width rear verandah overlooking the massive rear yard where established trees and scattered garden beds feature. An 8.8m x 3.5m solid brick garage will provide lock up vehicle accommodation plus some workshop space. Renovate and extend, invest for success or demolish and develop. This one has a wide appeal so be sure to inspect.
* 770sqm allotment (approx)
* 18.6 meter frontage (approx)
* Sandstone fronted, solid brick home with Art Deco features
* Opportunity to renovate and extend or demolish and develop
* 2 bedrooms both of good proportion
* Terrazzo feature flooring and kitchen bench tops
* Entry hall with feature glass doors
* Art deco cornices throughout
* Central lounge with dining adjacent
* Lead light features to street facing windows
* Eat-in kitchen with original cabinetry, terrazzo benchtops, double sink & modern stove
* Bathroom with separate bath, rail shower, terrazzo floor, art deco basin and stunning tiling
* Laundry with double concrete trough
* Separate toilet
* 8.8m x 3.5m solid brick garage
* Full width rear verandah
* Large rear yard with established trees
* Alarm system installed
* 2.73m ceilings
Ideally located within easy reach of schools, public transport and desirable amenities. Enfield Primary, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College, Prospect North Primary, St Paul Lutheran School, Blair Athol North School and St Gabriel's School are all in the local area. Great shopping is available at Coles Blair Athol and the vibrant Prospect Rd Shopping Precinct or at Sefton Plaza, Northpark and Regency Plaza Shopping Centres along with the lifestyle shopping centre on Churchill Road including Bunnings, Aldi and Costco. There are numerous parks and reserves in the local area, perfect for your exercise and recreation.
A great renovation opportunity, perfect investment or develop to suit, be sure to inspect.
Council | Port Adelaide Enfield
Zone | Residential 64
Land | 770sqm (approx)
Frontage | 18.6 meters (approx)
House | 192sqm (approx)
Built | 1954
Council Rates | $1125.95pa
Water | $256pa
ESL | TBC