House for Sale
- About this property
- Explore Windsor
A Magnificent Historic Homestead 2km from CBD - All Offers - Under Offer!Property ID 1551003'Fernfield', is a significant Brisbane estate of timeless grace, character and beauty proudly resting on an impressive 1,567+sqm in a superb inner city-fringe enclave. Circa 1873, this double brick homestead of impressive proportions was designed by architect John Hall and built for the Irish Bryden brothers who founded Brisbane's largest early local brick works and at one time operated 4 hotels in Brisbane's Queen Street.
A landmark property, its sprawling dimensions and close proximity to an impressive array of amenities have always been a source of desire which has seen the property utilised as a grand family residence as well as for business purposes. Magnificent as it stands, it offers outstanding opportunity with the possibilities including usage as a guesthouse, child care centre, nursing home and more (STCA District Central Zoning).
Inherent to its appeal is its gorgeous period features including original timber floorboards, VJ and brick feature walls, 3 elegant fireplaces and high ceilings with pressed metal detailing. The residence is wrapped in swathing verandahs encouraging an indoor and outdoor lifestyle which is perfectly in tune with modern demands. Landscaped gardens and views across the CBD and Gateway Bridge further add to its allure.
This outstanding opportunity and rare slice of Brisbane's history enjoys a premier location in a prime connectivity hub with easy access to arterial roads, Victoria Park Golf Complex, Ballymore Stadium, Royal Brisbane Hospital, excellent schools including Brisbane Grammar and walking distance to parks, bus, rail, caf hubs and Northey Street's weekend markets.
• Gated entry, romantic gardens and sweeping lawn areas set the tone
• Very versatile floorplan with choice of casual living spaces or further bedrooms
• Superb and deep verandahs are ideal for both summer and winter enjoyment
• Generous lounge and formal dining rooms with ambient original fireplaces
• Commercial style eat-in stainless steel kitchen with freestanding cooker
• Large sunroom or teenage retreat, study and additional sleep out
• Over-sized bathroom incorporating unique traditional elements
• A number of storage rooms including cellar options ideal for the wine lover
• Powder room, reverse cycle a/c, double garage which was once a separate flat
For a private inspection please contact Stephen Pahl on 0404266085show less
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.