- About this property
- Explore West End
"Mirrabooka" a Grand Old LadyProperty ID 1571281This grand old lady 'Mirrabooka', meaning under the Southern Cross, is on the market for the first time in nearly 32 years, she is a traditional Queenslander featuring Silky Oak tongue and groove walls, 12 foot ceilings and timber floor boards. Her layout has not been tampered with and boasts three enormous bedrooms and separate living and dining areas plus the bonus of a wrap around enclosed veranda.
- Beautiful stained glass features prominently through out the home in both windows and doors
- The dining area runs along the rear of the home and has stunning casement windows
- A large living area with high ceilings and fans will accommodate the whole family
- The kitchen boasts dishwasher, gas cook top with a new range hood and an oven
- Three large bedrooms also feature grandiose ceilings, fans and timber floors
- Set on a 1012 sqm gently slopping block and the scope of what to do with the land is endless
- The back deck overlooks the gardens and leads straight from the kitchen
- New stumps throughout the underneath with traditional wooden ones at the front of the home
- There is a fully functional bathroom upstairs along with a second toilet and laundry downstairs
- Work has been done on the roof with new roofing being undertaken about 15 years ago
Mirrabooka is waiting for someone to take up the challenge and return her to her former glory days as one of the most outstanding homes in the street. A fantastic opportunity is open to own this prestigious home which was brought in from Charters Towers in the early 1900's.