- About this property
- Explore Rosevale
Passed in $1,300,000! Quality Lifestyle Cattle PropertyProperty ID 1563653The current owners bought this property in 2006 because of the combination of the quality soil and the excellent water, but particularly for the sensational views. Now they are Sunshine Coast bound. The beautiful family home they built here, along with the gardens is worth an inspection alone. Bominda is almost 130 hectares or 320 acres of first class farming country within easy reach of both Brisbane and Ipswich... and yet so affordable.
The Farm: Majority is useable well drained chocolate and black soil country and ideal for cultivation. Approximately 85 acres of the 155 acres of improved Rhodes grass pastures are for hay production.
Currently run as a self sufficient cattle feeding operation. This opportunistic operation, which combines hay with barley sprouts, (all grown on the farm), is a low cost way of feeding and keeping in good order approximately 120 breeders and their calves year long.
Of course the new owners may just wish to live very comfortably and quietly on this beautiful and private semi rural property.
Water Ample supply from the 3 bores, 7 dams and 150,000 litres of rainwater storage.
Views: To the North to the volcanic core of Mount Walker. To the South, the spectacular mountain peaks, ranges and escarpments of the Main Range National Park, part of the Gondwana Rainforests, an Australian World Heritage Area.
Farm improvements - are outstanding and include:
* 24m x 18m modern hay shed, with 10 kilowatt solar power system on the roof, collects water for the 140,000 litre rainwater tank which can also be directly supplemented by bore water.
* Second large shed near the home
* The Wean designed cattle yards with new immobilizer crush are excellent - capable of drafting 200 head of cattle.
* Built in 2007 the large family home with guest accommodation
* 5 bedrooms plus study homestead is shaped a bit like an airplane with wings of the home tapered back to take in the stunning views from the vast majority of the rooms
* The open plan home is quality from top to bottom from the 11 foot ceilings, the Sydney Blue Gum timber floors, the fully ducted air-conditioning to the stunning kitchen.
* Large covered patio.
In 2015 the Bominda gardens, with its extensive orchards, flowers and lawns, was an open garden in the Australian Open Garden Scheme.
Importantly this property has 2 titles and is serviced by sealed road. The owner currently has a lease over a further 11 hectares through scenic rim council.
The property is just 75 and 40 minutes away from Brisbane and Ipswich respectively. Rosewood, with the electric city train to Brisbane, is only 20 minutes away.
The current owners have made the decision to move to the Sunshine Coast.
Inspections: By appointment.