House for Sale
- About this property
- Explore Pullenvale
Proudly Presenting Moreton a Truly Remarkable Piece of Brisbane's HistoryProperty ID 1393907Moreton is located at the end of a tree-lined private driveway, tucked away in its own tropical sanctuary covering 8.4 acres of pristine grounds that encompass an additional stand-alone pavilion; a flood lit full sized tennis court and stunning inground pool.
The 16 room house offers over 1000sqm of living over three levels and has been meticulously and tastefully restored to embrace and reflect the not only the architectural integrity of the turn of the century, but also its grand ambience.
Formerly the one of Brisbane's most elite independent schools, Moreton Bay Ladies College, Moreton was designed by English Architect John Iley Green and was built on a prominent site in Wynnum in 1901. As truly majestic and stately as this home is, it has also been customised to suit family living, and exudes palpable homely' warmth throughout; the restoration has successfully seamlessly blended practicality and aesthetics perfectly to create something that is relevant and comfortable today, whilst still a proud testament to its past.
• Grand proportions offering seamless formal/informal living
• Exquisite formal lounge/dining enhanced by ornate fireplaces
• Expansive open plan casual areas extends to full wrap around verandah
• 360 degree views amid manicured grounds
• Brand new gourmet kitchen with quality Ilve appliances
• Home office/library and dedicated wine cellar
• Generous upstairs bedrooms, large family room with sweeping rural vistas
• Soaring pressed metal ceilings throughout, flawless polished timber floors
• Countless exquisite fully refurbished original fixtures / fittings
• Grand cedar panelled hallway, extravagant dual staircases
• Three bedrooms fully ensuited
• Classic portico, bay windows, lead lighting, alcoves
• Built over three levels with 1000sqm of under roof living
• Ducted air conditioning, comprehensive security
• Flood lit championship size tennis court and inground salt water pool
• Stand alone pavilion that offers versatile options Qld's first Conservatorium of Music
• Oversized four car automatic garage plus abundant off street parking
• Close to quality public and private schools and countless lifestyle attractions
• Short drive to Kenmore Village shops and dining
• Rapid CBD access via the new Legacy Way tunnel
No expense has been spared in any element of this home's maintenance and restoration, and its presentation is exceptional; a testament to the love and care of its current owners.
Moreton offers the ultimate sophisticated semi-rural lifestyle where you can enjoy absolute privacy and serenity in magnificent surrounds with everything you could possibly need to indulge in relaxed, leisure-focussed living on your very own property. You will want for nothing.
Designed to embrace the Queensland lifestyle and amazing weather, it is a veritable sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of suburbia, yet within easy access of any amenity the modern family needs from quality independent and public schools, shopping centres, sporting facilities, major arterial routes, hospitals, plus approximately 15 kilometres west of Brisbane's CBD...it's an easy commute for the urban professional.
Only the second time this unique and historically significant property has been presented to market, since relocation to its current site; this is an outstanding opportunity to purchase an exceptional property that has stood proud and gracious over the test of time and who's legacy will continue to shine brightly now and for the next 100 years and beyond.
The owners have made the commitment to sell, encouraging all offers. Please contact the agent to arrange a private inspection. Information Memorandum available on request.
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.