House for Sale
- About this property
Grand Lady of NorthgateProperty ID 1919161The Clark Brothers Ray White is proud to present the Grand Lady of Northgate. Built around the 1920's this wonderful historic home offers so many alternatives for so many buyers.
Try and find an 810sqm block on two lots so close to Brisbane CBD with so much opportunity. The corner block provides many options.
Brisbane Airports new second runway due to open approximately 2020, will send values in this location through the roof
Let's start with the Grand Lady herself!
The home is a traditional Queenslander. We are of the opinion that the home was built in the 1920's and was the darling of the area back in its hey-day. The home presents numerous classic features for you to enjoy:
• Classic casements, French doors, VJ walls and ceilings, 3300 mm ceilings, belt rails, picture rails, stain glass, fretwork panels, Queen Anne leadlight entrance portal, full wrap around verandah with hardwood floors and a large enclosed verandah area on the North West wing - great to open up and re-engage the street appeal
• All bedrooms are approx. 3600mm x 3600mm
• The master bedroom on the east front wing has French doors to the front and side verandah plus a ceiling fan and an enclosed study nook which is part of the enclosed verandah
• Second bedroom is opposite the master and has a ceiling fan and French doors to the west and north verandah
• Third bedroom sits behind bedroom 2 with ceiling fan and French doors
• Large open plan living and dining with pine floors - two walls have been removed that would have lengthened the hall and partly separated the living and dining rooms
• Family kitchen - laminated cabinetry, Westinghouse dishwasher, Chef gas hotplates and oven, deep pantry unit
• Bathroom 1 - on the east wing of the house is a shower over bath, toilet suite and small vanity - small open space outside the bathroom
• Bathroom 2 - on the west wing sits behind the kitchen with small shower recess, vanity, toilet and linen + upper storage cupboard unit
• Rheem Stella gas hot water unit on the west side of the house
• Modern fuse board and safety switch
• Concrete stumps under
• Basic concrete under the home - ideal for storage - approx. 1600mm
• Fence at the rear
• Vehicle side access from Elwyn Street
DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES (all subject to Brisbane City Council Approvals)
• LMR2 Low Medium Density Residential (2 or 3 storey mix)
• Raise the house, shift forward and create 2 townhouses or apartments to sell or hold
• Raise the house, shift forward, create cars underneath, tidy up and sell for a ripe renovation
• Raise the house, shift forward and create a stunning home for families that includes the pool, BBQ area and yard for the kids
• Create a separate block at the rear and build another separate dwelling or develop into 3 townhouses
• 300m to Northgate Rail
• 9-minute to the airport
• Walk to coffee shops
• 7-minute walk to Northgate State school
• Convenient access to the Gateway and M7
• Central to Centro Toombul and Westfield Chermside
It's a short stroll to alfresco cafes, restaurants, speciality shops up at Nundah Village and down to Centro Toombul.
With Northgate rail station, it's 9 stops to Brisbane's CBD and 3 stops away from Brisbane Airport. It's convenient to the Gateway and close to the M7. No matter where you want to go there is a quick and easy connection.
This property is being sold by without a price and therefore a price guide cannot be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.