House for Sale
- About this property
- Explore Karragarra Island
Waterfront Home - Architecturally Designed - North Facing! Owners Are Committed Elsewhere - Must be Sold!Property ID 1409530Please call agent to book a convenient time to view!
This magnificent home is designed to emphasize the beauty of its surroundings and to blend indoors with out. Set on the waterfront of Karragarra Island, in the heart of Southern Moreton Bay and less than one hour from the Brisbane CBD and the Gold Coast, this property provides the perfect permanent base or weekend retreat.
Tranquility, ambience and quality of life were at the forefront of Award Winning Architect Donald Spencer's mind when designing this 3 storey, 5 level one of a kind home. The panoramic and uninterrupted North facing water views can be enjoyed from practically every room, fully encompassing the glory of living amongst the treetops with the bay and all its beauty, bounty (think fish, crabs, prawns!) and water based activities right at your doorstep.
• Registered 3 bedroom Master with walk-in upstairs; double bedroom with walk-in downstairs; third bedroom up with built in robe (currently set up as magnificent home office)
• Galley kitchen with glorious water outlook boasts Miele and Smeg appliances, extensive storage drawers & easy access to indoor and outdoor dining
• Split level open plan living area with beautiful feature Parquetry floor and a wonderfully efficient slow combustion heater
• Spacious deck with set in 4 person spa the perfect spot to relax and wave to your loved ones as they sail past!
• Main bathroom upstairs, powder room down - both showcasing beautiful slate floors
• Extensive undercover concreted areas offer 2 workshop spaces with built in shelving and benches; ample lockable storage for trailer, tinnie, kayak, gardening gear and the rest!
• 20,000 litre In-ground, Concrete Water Tank with pump in addition to Stradbroke Island Sand Filtered Mains Water
• 1,007m2 private block entered from the rear down tree lined driveway. Established native gardens and fruit trees lead you to the Safe Anchorage awaiting your yacht or tinnie in front of your property
• Other highlights include extensive use of floor to ceiling glass; a glass ceiling over part of the lounge room (great for watching the stars!), Pink Brushbox hardwood floors throughout, Kwila internal staircase, stunning 9 metre high self-supporting cathedral ceiling and much more
Karragarra Island is serviced by Translink which offers water taxi/ bus connections to Brisbane CBD as well as surrounding suburbs and amenities. Inter island travel is free. It is a mere 15 minutes by water taxi to Redland Bay and the service begins at 5.10am running at 20-60 minute intervals until up to 12.30am (depending on the day of the week.) A regular car barge service also operates. Redland Bay is only 39 kms from Brisbane CBD and the Gold Coast is even closer, making a daily commute to the city, the Gold Coast or anywhere in between not only feasible but also a delightful way to begin or end your day with a de-stressing, get away from it all, ferry ride. Why not live the holiday lifestyle all year round?
Karragarra is an exclusive island with a mere 120 residents who form a supportive and fun community without encroaching on the all important privacy island living affords. Karra' boasts a thriving community garden with a community orchard under development. The Karra' beach offers beautiful sand, shady trees, undercover BBQ's and tables, a beach shower plus a netted swimming enclosure and boat ramp. There is plenty to do on and around the islands with a thriving art community; community clubs supporting fishing and all manner of water sports such as sailing, kayaking and Dragon Boat Racing; community beach activities such as Cup Day Lunch and the annual Karra Sea Market; and the fantastic and diverse Four Islands Festival. Shopping needs can be readily met on the mainland or the nearby islands via a FREE inter-island ferry, or get Woolworths to deliver straight to-your-door via the refrigerated delivery service that caters to the islands.
Island transport will be made available to enable you to easily view the property and the surrounding island. An opportunity to live on the waterfront so close to Brisbane City would typically be priced in the millions this property represents unrivalled value at just a small fraction of that! Call to book a viewing of this idyllic home or Island getaway.