Medical/Consulting for Auction
- About this property
- Explore Booval
Booval House'Property ID 1711442What an exceptional opportunity this is. The locally adored and widely renowned Booval House is newly available to the market due to the property becoming surplus to the vendor's requirements. The home has been cherished and significantly improved during their ownership, however a serious commitment has been made and it is time to find the new owners.
Note ICC Implementation Guideline 26 as updated- allows major concessions for business use
1. Lot 146 SP 138166 Parish Ipswich
2. Zoning zoned Special Uses (SU) 80: Historic Home, Function Centre, Accommodation
3. In addition, its pre 1975 uses included Chapel, education, and music lessons
• Car parking includes 8 undercover car parking spaces, plus open-air parking
• Additional undercover car parking for 4 vehicles in the sulky shed
• Ongoing genuine conservation work may be tax deductible through a National Trust Conservation Appeal
POTENTIAL COMMERCIAL USES
• Function centre, catering, cafe, restaurant/s zoned already
• Accommodation (including Bed and Breakfast) - zoned already
• Religious, music and education centre
• Combined residence and commercial activities
• Professional and medical uses
• Other commercial uses such as Art Gallery, Period Furniture outlet etc.
• There are multiple paired phone lines into the property with at least 8 pairs of copper wires from Cothill Road to house
• 3 landlines to secure area top floor
• Landlines to secure area top floor
• East Wing Annex is Wi-Fi ready
SEPARATE AREA OVERVIEWS:
EAST WING ANNEX
• Top floor Bed and Breakfast accommodation
• Ground floor: weddings, seminars, conferences - mini kitchen, electrical power points for multiple computers, lighting for seminars etc. The East Wing Annex is used for weddings and similar, and was used for seminars in our early days - until the owners ceased them
• Ground floor rooms very suitable for smaller functions or individual restaurant rooms. The combined dining/drawing room was regularly used for catered functions and smaller receptions. Christmas in July and Christmas catered functions were very popular
• Board meetings have been held in the Library
• Upstairs, including the Guest Room could be used for Bed and Breakfast
• The current kitchen could be used for minor' catering
• The ground floor verandahs have drop screens so that guests can use the verandahs in inclement weather.
• The ground floor verandahs also used previously for individual cafe type catering
• Day bus tours, with or without catering - there have been regular requests since opened
• Toilets include 1 internal and 2 external downstairs toilets, and 4 combined bathroom ensuites upstairs and in the East Wing Annex
• Erect a permanent' marquee (as per Woodlands) on the Cothill Road Terrace, along the southern fence, with concrete or timber floor. This would then be available for wedding receptions and as a restaurant
• Weddings, Christenings etc. in the grounds, utilising the summer house - this is very popular and used by the majority of weddings
• Used by some smaller weddings and birthday functions
• Good area for cafe type activities
• The workrooms adjacent to the French Street car parking/garages are considered ideal to be developed into a commercial kitchen, being central to a Terrace Marquee, House and East Wing Annex functions (plumbing is in place)
• Other approaches have included a Music School, and the East Wing Annex has many available commercial uses. Ipswich City Council (and the National Trust) is very supportive of Adaptive Reuse of homes such as Booval House, therefore many alternative uses would be looked on favourably
Please contact the agents to arrange your private viewing or to seek open home dates and times. Please email the agents for the comprehensive Information Memorandum which includes more information on private and commercial uses plus an extensive history.
Warren Ramsey 0412 266 304
Aidan Wales 0428 785 104
Amie Palmer 0407 799 442
Auction Venue: Ray White Corporate: Level 26, 111 Eagle Street, Brisbane
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide cannot be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.