Rural Cropping Property for Auction
- About this property
- Explore Eugowra
Cropping / Livestock Finishing / IrrigationProperty ID 1711960HIGHLY IMPROVED 1600 ACRE HOLDING 99% arable 320MEG Irrigation Licence
Wimmera & Akuna is a landmark property that has been held within the one family for over 100 years, home of the fat lamb', and has constantly produced record lamb sales. Now time for expansion of the families farming enterprise, this high quality property is for genuine sale.
A further 457ac high quality mixed cropping, Grazing and irrigation block is also available to purchase, located 6mins distance from Wimmera & Akuna. This nearby property is called Bonnie Doon and will also be offered via auction on the same day.
Located approx 27mins East of Forbes & 29mins North West of Canowindra in a rich mixed heavy soil belt of excellent country. Sealed main entry, along with three other access roads to the property.
Offering buyers the rare opportunity to purchase a fertile, well maintained working property with excellent water security and the potential to turn off large numbers of livestock, while providing quality cropping and irrigation.
- Approx 648 hectares (1601 acres)
- Arable area 99%
- Good access with all sealed road to The Escort Way, Three other access points from Waugan Rd, Akuna Lane & a private access lane. Akuna lane provides an excellent road to the Akuna home, main set of sheep yards and shearing shed, while linking up with the excellent road access through the middle of the property to the Wimmera home, second set of sheep/cattle yards and to The Escort Way main entry'. All weather truck access to both set of yards.
- Water is a feature! A diesel bore site equip with a 320 MEG water licence, provides ample irrigation for vegetables, lucerne or other intensive farming, with main piping in place and ability to fill a 25/30MEG holding dam. The property has 29 stock dams, a community channel of spring water that runs through the property, along with an abundance of natural springs on the Northern end of the property.
- Topography runs from soft level plateau type country to slight rising country in the center of the property.
- The property will be sold in crop, including; 315HA (800acres) of wheat & 300HA (760acres) of established Lucerne or Lucerne/Clover between 2 6yr stands'.
- Comprises cleared open cropping and grazing country with excellent box tree, Kurrajong and some light pine shelter.
- The property has excellent soil types for a variety of uses that include; Heavy black / red clay soils surround the irrigation of the property, providing ideal potential for vegetable & Lucerne growers, through to slightly rising fertile red granite country and onto more loam soils toward the Northern and Eastern sides of the property.
- 14 main paddocks with boundary and internal fencing all in very good stock proof condition for sheep or cattle.
- Climate the Central Tablelands enjoys a temperate climate, with cool winters and mild summers, making it ideal for pasture growth. The annual average rainfall for the immediate area is approx 26 (661mm).
-2 houses: Wimmera Home is the main house and is very original and requires renovation. It is a 3 bedroom brick home, fireplace in each, lounge room with fire, sleep out, sunroom bathroom, dining room with fire, kitchen with pantry room, pressed tin ceilings. Second house Akuna home is a 3 bedroom weatherboard workers cottage in very original condition but with work could make a comfortable home.
- Further improvements include: 3 stand, unequipped steel and timber Wool shed with wool bins, multiple under cover pens and loading area. The shearing shed adjoins the main heavy duty steel sheep yards, a second set of heavy duty steel sheep & cattle yards are located conveniently on the Northern side of the property. Machinery and multiple hay sheds.
- 320T wheat' grain storage with 8 x 40T self-emptying silos, plus multiple flat bottom silos. Adjoining silage bag paddock.
AN OUTSTANDING TABLELANDS PROPERTY this very attractive, fertile grazing property has been well maintained over many years and offers a smooth transition for the right buyer looking at lamb and/or beef production along with cropping and irrigation. The strong mixed soils, combined with the reliable rainfall and cool temperate climate make for ideal pasture country the type of country the Central Tablelands is renowned for. With strong water security, clean well maintained pastures and cereal crops already sown, sound fencing and good working improvements, this property is already realising its potential and will continue to do so for future owners.
Inspection is strongly recommended for genuine buyers.
Video tour available online
Wimmera & Akuna is to be offered for sale by public auction.
The Auction Centre
152 William Street, Bathurst
10.30am Friday 15th September 2017.
Contact agent for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Josh Keefe 0439 269 449