Rural Cropping Property Sold
- About this property
- Explore Eugowra
High Quality Finishing & Cropping CountryProperty ID 1711898Bonnie Doon offers envious heavy soil types, ideal for mixed farming enterprises, as it has turned off some of the areas best livestock and consistently produced high quality grain, with its high percentage 95% arable area. This property has been held within the one family for over 100 years, Now time for expansion of the families farming enterprise, this high quality property is for genuine sale.
A further 1,600ac high quality mixed cropping, Grazing and irrigation block is also available to purchase, located 6mins distance from Bonnie Doon. This nearby property is called Wimmera & Akuna and will also be offered via auction on the same day.
Located approx 27mins East of Forbes & 29mins North West of Canowindra in a rich mixed heavy soil belt of excellent country. Sealed main entry, and multiple access points from The Escort Way or Pengillys Lane.
Offering buyers the rare opportunity to purchase a fertile, well maintained working property with water security and the potential to turn off large numbers of livestock, while providing quality cropping and part irrigation.
- Approx 185 hectares (457 acres)
- Arable area 95%
- Good access with all sealed road to The Escort Way. Pengillys Lane divides the property and provides ideal access.
- Water is always a must and Bonnie Doon provides multiple options. The property has an irrigation main line from Mandagery creek, with a 32 MEG WAL, that runs through heavy creek soils, ideal for Lucerne irrigation. The property also has two three phase bore sites equipped, with all supply works approvals in place 0 WAL included. A stock and domestic pump is equipped with one of these sites to supply multiple concrete troughs throughout the property. 6 / 7 dams supply additional stock water.
- Topography runs from soft level creek country to slight rising country to the rear of the property.
- The property will be sold in crop, including; 116HA (287acres) of wheat & 64.38HA (160acres) of established Lucerne or Lucerne between 3 4yr stands'.
- Comprises cleared open cropping and grazing country with excellent box tree and to light pine shelter.
- The property has excellent soil types for a variety of uses that include; Heavy creek soils nearby to the entry of the property, near the homestead and along The Escort Way. The property rises to a slightly lighter but very productive red granite type soil at the rear of the property.
- 9 main paddocks with boundary and internal fencing all in good stock proof condition for sheep or cattle.
- Climate the Central Tablelands enjoys a temperate climate, with cool winters and mild summers, making it ideal for pasture growth. The annual average rainfall for the immediate area is approx 26 (661mm).
-1 house: Bonnie Doon Home is very original and requires renovation. It is a 3 bedroom brick home
- Further improvements include: Multiple hay sheds, multiple machinery / machinery storage or general storage sheds.
-Stock yards include steel sheep yards, race and loading ramp, along with modern galvanized cattle yards with crush and loading ramp.
AN OUTSTANDING TABLELANDS PROPERTY this very attractive, fertile grazing property has been well maintained over many years and offers a smooth transition for the right buyer looking at lamb and/or beef production along with cropping and irrigation potential. The strong mixed soils, combined with the reliable rainfall and cool temperate climate make for ideal pasture country the type of country the Central Tablelands is renowned for. With strong water security, clean well maintained pastures and cereal crops already sown, sound fencing and good working improvements, this property is already realising its potential and will continue to do so for future owners.
Inspection is strongly recommended for genuine buyers.
Video tour available online.
Bonnie Doon is to be offered for sale by public auction.
The Auction Centre
152 William Street, Bathurst
10.30am Friday 15th September 2017.
Contact agent for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Josh Keefe 0439 269 449