House for Auction
- About this property
- Explore Wright
A Note from the Owner…Property ID 1868288Dear Treston,
When we were designing this home, we sought input from multiple architects, and also drew on the experience gained from selling over 500 homes in Canberra. Our chief considerations in designing the home were:
- Maximise the natural light provided by the long, North facing aspect of the block
- Capitalise on the unique position and view - the elevation and aspect of our home was a key feature in deciding to build here, with mountain views in both directions, and opposite a park. Being able to walk across the road with the kids on their bikes has been fantastic for us
- Keep the living spaces close together, so that the kids are never too far away from us
- An extra large master bedroom that has provided flexibility to function as a nursery when our babies were little, a parents retreat, and also served as a study space from time-to-time. Reading the paper with a cup of tea on the built-in window seat which looks to Black Mountain is something we will particularly miss
- An abundance of built-in storage, as we know that this is always a challenge for families as they grow
We added the pool a couple of years after moving in, and installed a double-glazed bi-fold door to create the ultimate connection between inside and out. Some of our best family memories have been created in the warmer months, as it's a great home for entertaining.
It's also been such a comfortable house to live in, even down to little things like having three zones for the heating and cooling, automatic external blinds to easily adjust on a seasonal basis, and the design allowing us to capture so much natural light.
We hope that the new buyer will also benefit from the effort that we put into establishing the garden. This was done by a professional landscaper, with consultation from a plant specialist, and each external window frames its own unique view of feature trees or plants. The garden, including the front lawn, is fully irrigated with an automatic timer, and maintenance is limited to mowing the lawn and trimming the hedges every once in a while.
We loved this location so much that in recent years we seriously considered extending what is a very new home so that we could stay forever. We have draft plans for this work, which we are happy to provide to the new owner if it's something they might like to undertake in the future to really capitalise on the location.
We truly hope that the next owner will love our home as much as we have.
Ben & Kylie
PLEASE NOTE THIS PROPERTY WILL GO TO AUCTION ON THURSDAY, 3 MAY AT 6:00PM - BRADMAN ROOM, MANUKA OVAL
Immaculately presented throughout
Stunning kitchen including gas cooktop,stone benchtops, and glass splashbacks
Private rear courtyard overlooking sparkling inground pool
Large oversized master bedroom with parents retreat/nursery
Ducted and zoned Reverse cycle air conditioning throughout
Double car accommodation and storage with internal access
Designer landscaping with automatic watering system
Elevated position with stunning views
Bathed in sunlight from prized northerly aspect
Family friendly parkland opposite
Stromlo Forest Park on your doorstep
Agency declares interest